Thursday, November 22, 2012

How to Kill AA (Approach Anxiety)

One of the biggest challenges in game is getting over approach anxiety.We all feel it. A fear. An invisible wall that tells us, “it’s not right to talk to strangers”.

Today, I want to talk about how to kill AA. A technique that has worked wonders for me. Logically, I understand AA’s original function within a tribe, which has zero value for us today, for 99% of our social interactions. I also know that we are ultimately driven by our emotions, and not logic. Thus, I do a visualization technique.
I personify AA. I imagine I am one of my favorite characters in a movie, or a comic book, and AA is my arch-enemy. Like Batman and the Joker. AA is there. He’s there to stop me from fulfilling my deepest desires. And thus, I must slay him. Quickly, before he manifests into paralyzing fear.

They key to killing AA is to go for the kill shot. Do it quickly, because the irrational grows over time. If you've hit him with a shot, keep hitting it. Keep the momentum going. Keep approaching sets. Eventually, you’ll hit your stride in bullet time.

Just the act of opening alone can change your fate. I have seen newbies with no game open girls who just happened to like them. They wanted to talk to him, but as girls thought they were supposed to wait for the guy to approach.
Never discount the ability to love and make human connections. If you have do, use negative reinforcement to annihilate your AA. Kill him quickly, so that you can be happy and enjoy the rest of your night.

8 comments:

  1. Hmm... seriously guys are so scared!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This fear is hard wired in the brains for a very important reason. The base is Darwin's Survival of the fittest.

      Delete
  2. This fear is hard wired in the brains for a very important reason. The base is Darwin's Survival of the fittest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Huh how come Darwin's theory is applicable here

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cuz if u talk to the wrong girl, u can get hurt bad and even KILLED :PPP

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice article and thanks for the motivation

    ReplyDelete